Responsible Family Member and Independent Consumer Only
As a responsible family member or independent consumer, you may add users to VivaLynx so they can see updates about your loved one.
- Select Main menu And then go to Settings
- Tap on User management
- Tap Add Button and then Account user Button at the bottom
- Enter new user’s information, then tap Add
Verify, Edit and Add Contacts
Adding contacts is a critical step to ensuring all care providers have the necessary information as they help care for your loved one.
- From the Main menu Next tap Contacts. review all contacts and their associated information to ensure accuracy.
Editing existing contacts
- Edit contacts feature is in development
To add a new or missing contact to VivaLynx follow the below steps.
- From the main menu tap on Settings, to open the Contacts Page
- Select the “+” at the bottom right corner
- Enter the contact’s information
There are two methods to navigate in VivaLynx
- The bottom navigation bar provides access to the most used VivaLynx features via tabs. Those tabs are home, health, help, activity & schedule. More information about tabs in the home screen section.
- The Main menu (the 3 horizontal bars located in the top right corner) provides access to all available features and settings. See Main menu Section for more information.
The VivaLynx home screen provides users with the most viewed information regarding your care recipient. Users can view additional details or add new information by tapping the tile to access that feature. These tiles are described below.
Home Screen Tiles
Displays the current status as selected by your care recipient’s via the grand care device. For example “i’m okay.”
Primary Vital Sign
This tile will display the primary vital sign based on the care recipient’s plan of care. The example here shows “blood pressure” with a heart icon. Select this tile to view Health signals Page described below.
This tile highlights the next three appointments. Select tile to view the details of that appointment or select See all > To open the appointments page on the Schedule Tab.
Upcoming To Dos
The Upcoming to dos Tile shows the next three to do’s. If you tap into the to do, you can view the details of that to do item. Scroll down to the bottom and tap See all > To display the to do page on the Schedule Tab where you can view all to dos.
Alerts & Notifications Summary
Tap the “bell” icon next to the main menu to open the alerts & notifications summary screen. This displays all previous alerts from alarm.Com sensors and grand care touchscreen device at your care recipient’s residence.
Tapping the Health Tab will bring you to the Health signals Page that displays relevant vital signs, last medication logged, medication adherence and Care notes Described in detail later in this document.
Primary and Secondary Vital Signs
This tile will display the primary and secondary vital sign based on the care recipient’s plan of care.
- For the primary vital sign such as Blood pressure And Glucose level, Tapping either of these tiles will open health care readings page, which provides the ability to manually Enter vital signs
Add Vital Signs
To manually add a vital sign, select a vital sign tile to display health care readings.
- Select the vital sign tile that you wish to update, then tap on + add reading.
- Enter the vital sign reading into the field, next tap Add In the upper right corner. For example, to enter a blood pressure of 120/80, enter 120 in systolic field and 80 into the diastolic field.
- The newly added vital sign will appear in the log for that vital sign.
By tapping on Medication Tile users can Record new dose For the care recipient or Add medication.
Record Vew Dose
- Next select Record new dose Tile, which slides opens
- Select the medication you want to record dose taken
- Then, tap the appropriate choice for that medication from the list:
- Missed = that medication was not taken during the planned time and needs to wait until next dose time
- Refused = care recipient refused to take medication
- Taken = medication taken as directed
- “really record this dose?” Pop-up appears, requiring user to tap either ok or cancel
Users can add a new medication (prescribed or over the counter) for the care recipient in VivaLynx and it will sync across the platform.
- Select Add medication Tile, which slides opens allowing for entry of information.
- Medication type – select from list of values: pill, patch, liquid, etc.)
- Required to enter either Ingredient/generic name – enter the medications generic name. For example, acetaminophen Or Proprietary/brand/display – enter the medication brand name. For example, tylenol®
- National drug code (optional) – enter the national drug code for the medication
- Dosage (required) – enter the medications dosage as dispensed. For example, 325 mg
- Rx directions (required) – provide details for how the medication is taken. For example, “take one pill by mouth with food.”
- Rx prescription (optional)
- Doctor – enter prescribers name in this field. For example, “dr. smith”
- Pharmacy – enter name of pharmacy where the prescription is filled. For example, “cvs.”
- Purpose (optional) – enter why the medication was prescribed. For example, “copd” or “arthritis pain.”
- Select submit button to save information. The information may take several minutes to appear for other users and the grand care device on the VivaLynx platform.
Users can gain access to medical assistance for your care recipient on the Home Screen by pressing the Help Button found on the bottom navigation bar. this displays the Call for help Screen.
The call for help screen offers the following options: Request consult, call primary care physician, And Call 9-1-1 By selecting one of those options.
Use Request consult To access 24/7 personal healthcare provided through VivaLynx telemedicine provider.
- From the Call for help Screen, push the request consult button, to display the telemedicine landing page
- You have an option to select goseesam.Com button or dial 1-844-4-vip-doc directly using your mobile device.
- We recommend using the goseesam.Com to avoid waiting on hold during busy times. Using this button will allow you to enter information and called by the first available provider.
- Select either urgent or emergent care button, then tap on a common issue button.
- Scroll to bottom of page on to review information about the common issue selected
- Then tap Begin consult Button which displays the schedule consult form and enter the care recipient’s first name, last name, and date of birth in the provided fields
- Users enters their mobile number and email address into the last 2 fields. The telemed provider will be calling you back on your device.
- Then, tap Next Button and given the option to have either a Phone consultation Or Video consultation. After selecting consult option, users will receive notification that their Schedule consult form Was submitted successfully.
- Tap blue “continue” button and the system will display the consult checklist.
- A telemed provider will call you back within 10 minutes on average. If you Selected video consult Option, they will call your mobile device and provide you with meeting id
- Upon conclusion of consult disconnect call and close the VivaLynx app.
- You will receive a post-consult survey five-days after the consult.
Telemed Consult Process
Call Primary Care Physician
You can call your care recipient’s primary care physician (pcp) by pressing the button. Access to the care recipient’s pcp may be limited during evenings, weekends, and other times.
- Selecting the Call primary care physician Button will launch your mobile device’s phone screen.
- From your device’s phone screen, press the Call Button to speak with the pcp.
Note: your Care recipient’s pcp phone number is entered during set-up. If no number appears, go to main menu and tap on contacts to verify that a primary care physician (pcp) has been entered.
In the event of a life-threatening emergency, you can use the VivaLynx app to call 9-1-1.
- From the Call for help Screen, push the call 911 button. This will launch your mobile device’s phone screen.
- Press the Call Button on your device’s phone screen to contact 9-1-1 for any police, fire, or medical emergency
Important: calling 9-1-1 from your mobile device will connect you to emergency services in your geography. If you are in a different city or state, you will call your public safety answering point who may not have the ability to dispatch emergency providers to your care recipient’s residence.
Users can initiate a 2-way Video chat With your care recipient, as well as view a summary of alerts and notifications from the Activity Page. alerts and notifications are triggered based on your care recipient’s actions and installed hardware.
- Select the activity tab on the bottom navigation bar to display the Client activity Page.
Recent alerts triggered by installed hardware at you care recipient’s residence will appear at the top of the client activity page. These alerts are also displayed in an onscreen pop-up message when they were initially sent to all users connected with your care recipient.
This tile contains the most recent alert and will remain visible until it is replaced by the next alert.
Start Video Chat Call
Connect with your care recipient using 2-way video between your device and the installed grand care device at the care recipient’s residence.
Calling Your Care Recipient
- To begin, tap the Start video chat Button
- The care recipient will see a visual alert on their device and will hear a unique ringing tone
- To connect the call, the care recipient must touch answer on their device
- When the care recipient answers on their grand care device you can conduct your video chat
Care Recipient Calling You (Future)
- When your care recipient initiates a video chat with you from their grand care device, your device will ring and/or vibrate
- Tap the auto answer button to connect the video chat
Important: the video chat feature will consume data on your mobile plan. Unless you have an unlimited plan with your mobile provider, we recommend that you conduct video chats only when connected to wi-fi to avoid additional charges by exceeding your data plan.
The Schedule Feature provides users visibility to all events regarding your care recipient and synchronized across the entire VivaLynx platform to keep all interested parties informed. You can access the schedule tab from both the bottom navigation bar and the Main menu. the schedule tab offers users three features accessible from a top navigation bar, which include today’s agenda, to do’s, and appointments.
- Today’s agenda – displays all events (to do’s and appointments) scheduled for the current day.
- To do’s – these are tasks related to the daily living activities and care of your care recipient.
- Appointments – these are arrangements created for both personal and care related events at an offsite location or at the residence of your care recipient.
Note: this function may not be available to all users and is based on your permission level. Contact life care coordinator or responsible family member if you require this feature to be enabled.
Adding New Events
By default, permission to add new to do’s and appointments are intentionally limited to the responsible family member. Access is restricted initially to minimize accidental changes to appointments and tasks. We recommend that edit permission is granted to those users who are involved in managing care and appointments. To change this, follow the instructions found in Step 5: edit account permissions.
- To add a new event requires users to be on either the to do’s or appointments screens.
- Tap on the “+” icon on the bottom right of the screen, then select either To do Or Appointment.
Add New To Do
- To add a new to do, follow the steps in Adding new events And select to do button as indicated in
- Enter the details on the add to do details page
- Remember to set a reminder, which will appear on the grand care device to remind your care recipient.
- Once done entering all required information tap the Save Button to retain and sync new to do with VivaLynx.
Add New Appointment
- To add a new appointment, follow the steps in Adding new events And select Appointment Button
- Enter the details on the add appointments details page
- Remember to set a reminder, which will also appear on the grand care device to remind your care recipient.
- Once data entry is complete tap the Save Button to retain and sync new appointment with VivaLynx.
Edit or Delete an Existing Event
Authorized users can edit future events (to do’s and appointments) or delete events they previously created. Responsible family member’s permissions permit them to edit and delete all future events, including those they did not create. This provides maximum flexibility in managing events and the event creator is not available to make changes.
Edit Existing Event
- Tap on an existing event from the home screen or schedule tab to open that events detail screen.
- Tap the edit button at the bottom of the screen
- Edit the field(s) that requires updating and then tap Save At the top right of the screen
- The delete feature is pending for events.
The Main menu Is located in the top right corner of the home screen and provides access to all available features and settings. This section will explain new features, as well as reference previously described sections.
The VivaLynx Home Screen provides users with the most viewed information regarding your care recipient. Users can view additional details or add new information by touching that tile to access that feature. These tiles are described below. For additional details read the section.
The Health signals Tab will display your care recipient’s vital signs, last medication logged, medication adherence and care notes. For additional details read the Health Section.
Call for Help
Users can gain access to medical assistance for your care recipient by pressing the Help Button found on the bottom navigation bar on the home screen. The Call for help Screen offers users with the following options: Request consult, call primary care physician, And Call 9-1-1. for additional details read the Help Section.
From the client activity tab, users can initiate a 2-way video chat with your care recipient, as well as view a summary of alerts and notifications from the activity page. Alerts and notifications are triggered based on your care recipient’s actions and installed hardware. For additional details read the Activity Section.
The Schedule Provides users visibility to all events regarding your care recipient and is synchronized across the entire VivaLynx platform to keep all interested parties informed. The schedule tab offers users three features, which include today’s agenda, to do’s, and appointments.
Important documents are accessed by authorized users in VivaLynx to inform and assist in the care and treatment of the care recipient in the Documents center.
These documents are uploaded by your life care coordinator and can be viewed only by users directly involved in the care of your care recipient. This is because these documents contain protected health information (phi) as defined by health insurance portability and accountability act (HIPPA) of 1996. by default only the life care coordinator, responsible family member and professional caregiver can view this section. When necessary the responsible family member can provide users with a need to access documents by following the steps outlined in Step 5: edit account permissions.
- Once the document center is displayed tap on your document to open and view.
- Tap the “x” in the upper right-hand corner to close the documents when finished.
The VivaLynx settings menu contains all functions to manage the operation and experience while in VivaLynx. Below are
Currently not functioning
User management is a limited function only available to the life care coordinator and the responsible family member. This section offers the ability to add users and edit account permissions. For more information read Step 4: add users And Step 5: edit account permissions Described earlier in this guide.
Sign In & Security
This section provides all users with the ability to change your account password.
- Change your password by opening the main menu, select settings and then sign in & security, to display the Sign in options Screen
- Tap “change my password”, to display Change password Screen.
Password Security Requirements
Users are required to choose passwords phrases that meet the following requirements: contain both uppercase and lowercase letter characters (e.g., a-z, a-z), at least one number (e.g., 0-9) and one special character (e.g. @, #, $, *). have a minimum of 8 characters – preferably 10 characters long or more.
- Enter new password into the Password Field.
- Reenter the same password again into the Confirm password Field and then tap Save password Button.
Links to current alerts & notifications
Help & Support
The section is found in the Settings Menu and is where users can obtain Help & support. this includes:
- The name, contact information and picture of the life care coordinator assigned to your care recipient.
- Access a searchable, online Help guide By taping “view”
- In the event you encounter any issues that you are unable to resolve from using the help guide, you can Email support For any assistance by taping “email”
- Lastly, you will find miscellaneous information that is helpful when communicating with email support. This includes: your account name; device information; operating system for your device; and VivaLynx environment information.
See the link to the VivaLynx privacy & security statements At the bottom of the screen.
The VivaLynx contact section includes all of the contacts associated with your care recipient. This includes their role: life care coordinator, primary care physician, pharmacy, responsible family member, professional caregiver, and participating family members; along with their phone, email. For more information view Step 6: verify, edit and add contacts Section earlier is this guide.
Plan of Care
The Plan of care Feature contains details of how you and your providers will care for your care recipient. The plan of care was developed by your life care coordinator based on the initial assessment and produced in conjunction with the family and the care recipient’s primary care physician. This page has two sections: Problems, interventions, and tasks; and Plan history.
This section is uploaded by your life care coordinator and can be viewed only by users directly involved in the care of your care recipient because it contains protected health information (phi) as defined by health insurance portability and accountability act (HIPPA) of 1996. by default only the life care coordinator, responsible family member and professional caregiver can view this section. When necessary the responsible family member can provide users with a need to access the plan of care by following the steps outlined in Step 5: edit account permissions.
The plan of care is meant to be dynamic and change as your Care recipient’s condition(s) change. In the plan history page you will find the plans Actions & goals And its date of publishing next to “When,” along with the ability to open and view the plan of care document found below Attachments.
Problems & Interventions
The most important information in the plan of care is found in the Problems & interventions Section.
- To display the problems & interventions section tap problems & interventions.
- Scroll down to view all problems.
Your care recipient’s main health problems each contain their own tile. From this information users can create to do’s to support the care recipient to manage their health conditions and keep them safe.
You will note that each defined problem has a gray Intervention Bar.
- Tap the Intervention Bar to expand the associated interventions for that problem. Every problem will have a minimum of one intervention, but may have more than one.
Care notes Can be found in the main menu and the Health Tab. care notes are powerful tools for users to document changes; new signs and symptoms; and other relevant information relevant to the management of your care recipient. It also provides a method to keep your family updated on how your care recipient.
View Care Notes
Users can view care notes in both the Health Tab and the care notes section of the main menu. You have the option to view care notes by most recent or date range from the top navigation bar shown in.
View in Health Signals
You can view the most recently added care notes on the Health signals Page.
- To view all care notes, scroll down to the bottom and select “see “see all >” In the bottom right corner
- Select any care note to display its details
View in Main Menu
- You can navigate to care notes by going to the main menu and selecting either most recent or by date, then select the care note you wish to view.
Add Care Note
Care notes are added from the Health Tab only.
- To add a new care note, scroll to the bottom of the Health signals Page and tap “add note” In the lower left corner to display the Add care note Screen
- Add a care note title at the top of the page “add description” Field
- Then, enter your note notates the issue, new symptom, complaint, etc.
- Tap save when entry is complete. New care notes are tagged with a timestamp.
User Roles Defined
Care recipient: individual focal point for the delivery and consumption of VivaLynx services. A.k.a. client, loved one, and patient
Life care coordinator: the life care coordinator is the case manager for the care recipient. They collaborate with the family and primary care physician to ensure the care recipient is supported in their home to maintain health and safety.
Participating family member: family member who is not the responsible family member or professional caregiver and may be the spouse, children, siblings, or extended family members who are part of the care team or want to be informed about the care recipient’s care.
Professional caregiver: an individual who is hired by the family (or care recipient when no family is involved) responsible for ensuring safety and wellbeing of care recipient. They are an integral member of the care team and may act as an advocate for, and observer of, the care recipient. Responsible family member: is the primary VivaLynx user who is responsible for ensuring safety and wellbeing of the care recipient. They are responsible for managing user access to the VivaLynx platform.